Monday, December 13, 2010

Sleep... sweet sleep

Ever since we took Jake's paci he is officially a "no napper." He has always been a great night sleeper, but naps were never his favorite. He dropped his first nap early and went to one nap by a year old. However, after sleep training and consistency he was good for about a year with one strong nap... then two years old came... and ever since, it has been touch and go. I still put him in every day but it's usually twenty minutes and he is out. I am encouraging longer,"quiet." times with consistency, time out's if needed, clocks, books, leapster... anything! Nothing really helps, so twenty minutes it is... I was coming to terms with that then he started waking at 5:30. So, for three days now he's been waking up at 5:30 and goes to bed at 6:30. It is a very long day. I love my Jakers, but Mommy need a little sleep and time to herself. I don't like him watching too much TV. So, it is long days for us over here. We have been forced to get creative and inventive with our playtime. We make castles out of tissue boxes, forts out of sheets, ramps out of ironing boards. Thankfully, he is a player and he is pretty creative in keeping himself busy, so that helps. I'm trying to remember that this is a small window of time and that this too shall pass, but boy am I wiped!

No comments: