Sunday, December 19, 2010

First Picture of the WIlliam David Sharp

We got to spend time with our new little guy today! It was purely amazing. We were welcomed by the pregnancy counselor and she gave us the low down on how things would go from here and how our birth mom was doing. After a very very long labor, she is finally feeling better! We then walked upstairs and went to her room where she sat with him... our son... unbelievable. He is GORGEOUS.... I am biased, but he is plainly gorgeous. He has a beautiful complexion and a head of hair like I have never seen on a newborn. We held him, fed him and named him together. William David Sharp... We will call him Will. We love the name and it has double meaning because we believe it is God's will that we raise and love this child and welcome his birth mother into our lives as well! We then talked about the future of our open adoption. We laughed, smiled and it felt so easy and right. Everything about this experience has just felt right. I am so thankful to God that he has laid it all out for us... we are simply following his lead!! After some chatting... we gave our birth mom a scrapbook I made and had not added pictures to yet. We wrote a letter at the beginning explaining that we promise to fill it with pictures and updates. The beginning of a long relationship. We then gave her a gift of a "spa day." What do you give someone? It's unbelievable. Then, we left and we are coming back tomorrow morning at 7am. We meet with the pediatrician, spend some time together then we are having an adoption ceremony at the hospital. Afterwards, our birth mother will have private time with Will while we complete paperwork. Then, it is home for Will. Finally.... a beautiful amazing end to a long and bumpy road. I couldn't be more happy and I am so excited to be a family of four!!!! God is good.

No comments: