- A sweet and affectionate soul. He kisses and hugs as often as I kiss and hug him (which is A LOT)
- Sooo funny and he laughs a lot. He is my favorite kind of funny... unintentional funny. Jake makes us laugh all day and even into the night. He is not a night waker, but the other night he woke up requesting pancakes saying he was "SOO hungwy!" When I told him it was still nighttime and he had to go back to bed, he said,"okay we can play games if you want?"
- FULL of energy. Especially from 4-6PM.
- LOVES being outside and being active
- Favorite toys: Cars, games, trains, balls
- Super creative. He is constantly creating games, songs, and neat ideas and thoughts. I love hearing his ideas. He is pretend playing like crazy and I love to listen to him make the cars or people talk to each other. My favorite new character is "the green animal." Jake often pretends to be a "green animal." We have to put him in his cage, feed him bananas etc. My favorite scene I overheard lately" hey red car.... hey.... wanna go play?...okay....we're friends... yeah....I love you very much...."
- NOT a foody. He just doesn't care about food. He would much rather play, talk or snuggle than eat food. Every night we have to offer him dessert to get him to try new foods or finish his dinner. Unfortunately, it comes from me.
- A stubborn side that is relentless. We call him Dr. Jeckle because he is normally a sweet, pretty easy going kid... then... DR.JECKLE...
- He requests "homework." So, we do it. Almost every day Jake and I take 30 mins or longer and do school work. He loves it. He already knows his colors (some in spanish), numbers, alphabet and some words. He also loves to paint, trace, glue and cut. Recently, he is interested in the human body. He is his mommy's son... I love science.
- He is not a people pleaser.... this can be a good and bad thing.... ultimately, I think it will be a great quality. However, I have focused intensly on manners because I want him to understand how his actions make others feel. Like if he doesn't want to talk on the phone, but someone has called specifically to talk to him for example.
- Jake is sensitive and emotional.His feelings are hurt very easily at this age. If you truly get frustrated with him and raise your voice, he just cries and his little lip curls right up. Melts our frustrations right away.
- He is coordinated, a Jon gene, he can play anything he tries. He is amazing at pinball and has earned the title,"Pin Ball Wizard." He can shoot hoops like a 10 year old and is awesome at air hockey. The kid just loves sports.
- He enjoys school, the library, church playplace "nursery", any play place and the park
- Jake started potty training yesterday and so far a few accidents, but doing well
- He sleeps with his blankie and blue puppy and likes his
nightlight on
- Jake wears 2T pants and 3T shirts and a size 8.5 shoe
- Favorite shows: Veggie Tales, Sesame street, little einsteins, chugginton, thomas... you name it
- Favorite books: Sesame street series, human body book, max and ruby, veggie tales
- He has become an awesome big brother. He snuggles Will daily and you can hear him say,"What's up baby brudda?" at least five times a day.
I could go on... basically he is perfect in our eyes! We love you Jakers.

Jake's favorite food is pancakes. This morning we surprised him with a pancake cake!

Birthday kiss from baby brother

We spent the day at a play place with Alex, who he always refers to as his best friend. So sweet.
So of course crazy amounts of skee ball.

My knight singing on the stage. As he stepped off he said," thank you, thank you"


My favorite of Jake's moves... the shoulder shrug


Making pancakes with daddy and yes we needed construction chef hats!


Truly embarrassed and shocked at Cracker Barrel tonight
when they sang happy birthday to him.
No comments:
Post a Comment