Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Day at the Game

We are spoiled. Jon's company has amazing Phillies tickets that we are lucky enough to use from time to time. The tickets also come with occasional perks. Yesterday, we attended a,"Day at the game," event. It was perfect for Jake and Jon. They were able to run the bases, go inside the clubhouse and even sit in the dug out. It was really neat to see everything from the players perspective. I didn't realize how beautifully manicured the field is. While the boys were inside the clubhouse Will and I waited outside. I found a spot by the end of the dug out near the entrance where the A/C was spilling out and I thrilled! I started talking to the guard that was standing next to me and he told me this was the spot Charlie sits in during the game. I see why! Jake also had a balloon sword made for him (which he proceeded using with another little boy... his new best friend...) and got his face face painted with a capital P! All the food in the stadium was free too! We ate like kings and had a great time. It was a wee bit hot, but this preggo made it through! Both boys passed out on the way home. What a fun and memorable day.

I know every parent thinks their own child is hysterical, but Jake cracks me up. I think he is soo funny. I was videotaping Jake running the bases when all of a sudden he takes off and slides on the field. I hear the man next to him yell." Safe!" Jake loved it. He kept sliding the whole time. By the time we left the field, he was covered from head to toe in sand. I know he watches baseball with Jon all the time, but I had never heard or seen him talk about sliding before. He was in heaven.





1 comment:

kitten.mom said...

So Adorable!!!!!Fun Times!!!!!!!!