Monday, March 5, 2012
Enough
I've always wanted to be a stay at home mom. It's certainly not for everybody. I have some friends who would die if they were home all the time. I have just always wanted to. The mundane tasks like cleaning, cooking and tending to children bring me joy. Sure, I have days when it can get dull and I need a break or we need to get outside and see people. But wouldn't that be the same for any line of work? Overall I love my job and I believe that it is important and valuable to me and family. However, one thing I did not anticipate was the way the world views my job. Stay at home moms get such criticism. The world tells me I need more... I should be working, having frequent girls nights to let loose, taking daily time for myself, hitting the gym, having a weekly date night... just to name a few... In other words this just couldn't be enough for someone to have happiness. Well, guess what world... It is more than enough for me. Everyone has different strengths and weaknesses, interests and desires. For me, I love my life, I love creating a comfortable home, I love cooking a good meal, I love raising my children. For right now... I consider myself blessed to have this job. I'm sure with time as my children grow and need me less, I may dabble back into some of my own personal interests like teaching or fundraising. I just don't view this part of my life as "my time." I carve out some time for myself every once in awhile, sure, but for me...it's about raising my kids to be godly, kind and happy well adjusted little boys. I know this time will fly and I want to do it right. Again, I don't think everyone would agree with me and that's fine. We're all different on purpose!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I'm hoping to embrace it as you have. Come on June!!!
<3 You give me hope that this will be a great decision. A scary one for me, but one that I feel is worth it!
Post a Comment