Wednesday, March 21, 2012

St. Patty's

This St. Patty's was extra special. It is one of my favorite holidays and has been for as long as I can remember. My parents came here from Ireland and I am a first born American. So, I feel the need to keep my Irish-ness alive! This year I decided to have some fun with the kids. We read a story about the history of St. Patrick's day. Did you know St. Patrick brought the pagan Irish word that there is one true God and you can go to heaven?? Never knew that! It made the tradition all the more worthy to celebrate! We also created a leprechaun trap and set it out on Friday night in hopes to catch a wee leprechaun! Jake loved it. In the morning, we found our trap empty. but he left us Lucky Charms cereal and green milk! It was a big hit!
That night, I had a girls night with my college girl friends. I have missed them so much and I really needed a night away to myself. My favorite part was just catching up and talking with the girls uninterrupted. Jon was a trooper and took care of all three boys himself. Thanks hun!! When I got home I was greeted by the biggest hugs and kisses ever. It is always nice to be missed!

No comments: