Thursday, January 31, 2013

January Happenings

Just the usual business over here these days. Keeping the house clean, the boys busy and calendar straight is enough to fill our day! I am feeling thankful for that, as many households around me are sick with the flu. Will is upstairs singing in his crib instead of sleeping as I write this... so this isn't a long post. However, I wanted to share some pics, a cute video and a small conversation I had yesterday with Jake. The conversation was short and lasted maybe thirty seconds... but it made my day and helped me see Jake's heart for a second... love when that happens! We were sitting around the dinner table and he was grumpy and being a little fresh. He ended up having a little chat with Daddy and when he returned to the table... he wanted to sit on my lap. I said, "What do you say for your behavior?" He said," sorry... I was wrong." I thanked him, then asked him," What kind of a man do Daddy and I want you to be?" I was looking for respectful, kind or something along those lines. He responded by saying," a Christian." I said," well... that's true. Do you think a christian man would be fresh and disrespectful to his parents?" He thought about it. Then said," No, He would be a Jesus Helper." I smiled and he continued." He would be a follower and a disciple of Jesus. He would try and help others." Wow I thought... "You've got it Jake. You've got it."














No comments: