I truly cannot believe I am sitting down to write your five year old
post. To think that I started this blog over five years ago when I was
pregnant with you is hard to believe. Where do I start? My life
changed the day I saw the word pregnant... and it has never been the
same. I've wanted to be a mother my whole life. I dreamed of the day
when someone would call me mommy. And then I had you. My sweet boy.
Jakers you have always had such an innocence about you. You are a sweet,
sensitive and very funny boy. You love telling jokes and making people
laugh. You have an endless amount of energy and enthusiasm for life. It
doesn't take much to make you smile or laugh. You have an amazing sense
of numbers and interest in learning. You love spending time one on one
with Daddy and I. I will never forget the day we brought Will home. You
jumped up and down and yelled, " My baby brudda... my baby brudda..."
You truly love your brothers. Although, they bug ya sometimes... I have
seen you protect them with tears in your eyes when someone tried to hurt
them. You are very protective of your family and friends and I can
already see that your heart is burdened when they are distressed in any
way. You have a tremendous capability for love. You are terrified of
hair cuts, yet will jump off a diving board without a wink. You are a
tough and very exciteable boy. You can be strong willed at times and
always have a plan and an opinion. You wear your heart on your sleeve.
It is not hard to tell how you are feeling Jake. Good or bad, it is very
clear with you. Although you have to learn a little about how it
affects others... you are an honest boy. That is so important. You can
be quite lazy at times. The latest thing that makes me crazy is when I
tell you to put your shoes in the bench. I usually find them under the
bench or on the side of the bench! We are working on it. However, you love to do
chores and earn an allowance. Lately, you have very big boy thoughts and
big boy interests. You want a pet very badly! You love playing with our
next door neighbor who must be at least ten years older than you. I
love watching you play with him. Your tongue hangs out and I can hear
you saying very," cool," words. You call me "mama." and say," It sure is
mama...." very often. I can't get enough of your kisses and hugs.
Especially because they are less often now that you are "big." You
always wake up with warm, red cheeks and are very pleasant in the
morning. You love playing golf the most and have become very good at it. You
like tennis and baseball too. You like to wrestle, play hide and seek,
Wii, anything outside, pretend, games and build legos. You love Jesus
and have asked him into your heart. You are often heard saying things
like," He is sooo fast. Not as fast as Jesus, but fast." Or," He is the
best... well Jesus is the best... but he is pretty great too." Next
year, you will go to kindergarten and it is killing me! I just can't
believe it. These past five years has been a precious time to Daddy and
I. We love you and are so very proud of you Jake!
And as I have said
many times... stop growing!!! Grow Down!!!
 |
| The day you were born |
 |
| 6 months old |
 |
| First Bday |
 |
| 2nd Bday Party |
 |
| 3rd Bday Party |
 |
| Abs Wedding, looking very handsome and old |
2 comments:
Awww.. That was the sweetest thing I've ever read, it made me cry! What an amazing little guy, and best of all he has an amazing mommy who writes things like this! Truly touching.. :)
I can't believe how big he is. I love him so much!!!
Post a Comment