Sunday, May 12, 2013

Mothers Day in more ways than one

I had a wonderful Mother's day today thanks to my sweet husband and boys. I woke to four smiling faces handing me heart shaped chocolate chip pancakes and wishing me happy mothers day. What could be better? I ate them and then actually went back to sleep! Amazing. It was a beautiful day and all I wanted was to be outside with the boys. I wanted to play and work on the screened in porch. Jon got us pizza for lunch and take out for dinner. So, no cooking for Mama! Again, amazing. I have so much to be thankful for. I truly do. It is hard to believe that there once was a day where someone did not call me mom. I have grown so accustom to it, that I take it for granted. I love being a mother more than I could have ever imagined. I am grateful for my desire to be with them as much possible. I am thankful to God for showing me what gifts they are on a daily basis. My boys are teaching me so much about myself and the world! Love, love, love you boys. I am grateful for a husband who shows me love in such a simple, thoughtful and personal way! Love you hunny!

After a perfect day, I then made the mistake of signing on to Facebook. As I looked at the pictures of ladies with their moms, it hit me. I am so happy for everyone who has a mother to celebrate. Although, I must admit it hit me hard tonight. That's just how grief works. It hits you like a Mac truck! Missing mom big time right now. Just feeling sorry for myself I guess. Not something I allow myself to do because it feels completely crummy and foreign. However, I am wishing I could have been with her today. I know she would have just loved watching my boys play with each other. It's crazy how I can have all these feelings lay dormant in my heart and a silly song on the radio, picture in a book or a blow of the wind can just bring them right out! Feeling the need to focus on the bright side of the road for a minute as I know God would have me do...

Job 5:11
The lowly he sets on high, and those who mourn are lifted to safety.
Matthew 5:4
Blessed are those who mourn, for they will be comforted.
Psalm 88:9
my eyes are dim with grief. I call to you, Lord, every day; I spread out my hands to you.
 
Here are a few pictures updates from the week to keep me focused on all the blessings I have in my life! Help me Lord to continue to focus on the silver lining and stop yearning for the Gold. I know the Gold is yet to come.
Took the boys to a play place just to get some good ol' fun. Yes... I may pay for this when they get sick in a few days... but it was SO worth it!!

Watching a kickboxing class. I try and dress them alike when I take them somewhere busy! Helps!

Kev wore the batman cape the whole time. Love.




Will played the piano for probably twenty minutes.


Beautiful Abs from Jake's view. Abs was in for the weekend! So great to see her and her belly!

Jake got a hold of my IPOD touch... oh this boy has my heart!



Again from Jake's view. Willy always the comedian.

Mommel, Abby and Jake worked together on a tree fort sign. Love what they came up with! Jake and Ben, a neighbor, came up with the age limits. Interesting how their younger siblings are all under three? hehe.

 
 

No comments: