Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Back 2 Life

Oy Vey People! We have had major sickness floating around over here. I came down with the stomach bug and it kept me in bed for 48 hours straight and then I had at least another 48hrs. before I could say I felt, "normal." Then, Jon got a version of it. Thankfully a shorter version! So, we have been trying to work as a team to get through our week/weekend. I had to miss MOPS(Mothers of Preschoolers), which I help lead so that was upsetting. I also had to get coverage for Sunday school. Then, Jake had T-ball twice which Jon coaches and I usually take the little guys. On top of it all... Jon had his 30 mile bike race with Urban Promise. He has been training for weeks. We couldn't do to B-more to celebrate my dad's birthday. Such a bummer! So, life doesn't seem to stop when you are sick!

I am just happy that we are all healthy again and I am praying the boys make it through the next few days and do not get sick either. Just getting a little bit of energy back made me want to do everything again! I opened the windows and cleaned/scrubbed my whole house yesterday.

Then, today started a project I have been dying to start... Project Screened in Porch! I absolutely LOVE my screened in porch. It is by far my favorite part of the house. A little piece of heaven. When we re-did the kitchen, we added ceiling speakers and put two outside as well. So, now I can have my jams with me wherever I go! Amazing. My first step to, "Project Screened in Porch," is the floor. I have tried cleaning the floor for years... scrubbing, power washing... you name it. There are still these huge pesky stains I cannot get out. So, I bought some concrete paint and hope it helps. My plan is to paint the floor a new fresh light gray color. Then, I want to paint the ceiling a mold free outdoor white so it looks like a real room and it should look similar to bead board, which I love. I want to re-spray the ceiling fan too so it is crisp white color as well. I am hoping not to spend much, but make a big difference! Lastly, I would like to add some outdoor flowers and maybe non-cheesy pool décor? We'll see... Wish me luck!
 
PHASE ONE: CLEAN UP
DO you like how Mickey Mouse came to join me in cleaning?


PESKY STAINS

BETTER ALREADY

Pulled out my strongest homemade cleaner. Works on EVERYTHING. It has been months since I have purchased a cleaner at Target. Love my homemade versions!

The new slider we had installed during the kitchen remodel.

MY COLOR CHOICE. TOP LEFT (LIGHTEST GRAY)

FIRST COAT, NOT DRIED YET

AHHH... ALREADY LOOKS BETTER

CAN'T WAIT TO SEE THE FINISHED PRODUCT

No comments: