Monday, May 4, 2009

Weekend at Pop Pop and GG's

Last weekend, Jake and I took a trip down to B-more to visit my family and get ready for Nikki's baby shower. The weather was amazing and Jake loved being there! I had a anice relaxing weekend and a lot of help. It was so nice to spend quality time with fam and just do nothing together. I miss home sometimes and a nice long weekend together always make me feel better.

On my way home, I was reflecting on how different MD and New Jersey are. In MD, people drive slow... my pace, turtle. People fly Maryland flags and sing "Maryland, My Maryland" at their graduations! Talk about pride!! People are not in a rush and they are always friendly. Cashiers talk to you and you can always count on hearing random 80's and early 90's songs on the radio. (they are kind of stuck in a time warp on music) Although, I think it is easier to say the grass is greener when your not actually living there. I have come to love this place called, Jersey. The shore is 45 mins away and there are lakes everywhere. Everything is organized in little,"townships" instead of counties. Every town has a main street and people don't lock their doors (still bizarre to me). I have learned to speed up a little and realized that maybe some people just don't want to talk right now?? (again bizarre) I have also learned that it is not normal to say "grill out," or "going to the beach/ocean." Both places have their perks and all that matters is that your happy in the end and you make home where the heart is. However, I will always be a Maryland girl at heart.


Jake talking on the phone in a chair that GG and Pop Pop bought for him, and yes that is a sorority composite in the background. Dad loves it!

Jake hugging/crushing the poor cats

No comments: