Monday, May 18, 2009

Weekend with McKenzie

Jake and I had a fun weekend together. Jon was away for a golf trip with his friends. So, Jake and I treated ourselves to dinner out on Friday. Then we had friends in on Saturday. My friend Chrissy came up from Baltimore and brought her little girl McKenzie. She is a month older than Jake and they could pass for twins. They played together and we had some fun mommy time once they were asleep. It was so nice to be with Chrissy and just hang out. I miss having my girls around me. Life is so crazy that we only get to see each other a few times a year. I cherish them whenever they come around. Chrissy and I were pregnant at the same time, both two weeks late, both had unexpected c-sections, sleep trained our babies around the same time and now we are experiencing toddler life together. It has been a crazy journey, but a fun one. I loved seeing her as a mommy and although Jake was a little rough boy at times, they had lots of fun! Here are a few pics...
Sharing/fighting over a pretend cheerio box in the morning
Diaper time, just woke up!

Babas and blankies

Barney...enough said


Bath time, for some reason Jake only lasted five minutes

No comments: