Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Before I Forget

I have been meaning to do an update about/for Jake, so that I remember what he is like at this age. So, here it is.
Things I want to remember about you at 2 and a 1/2

- You are still a Mommy's boy and refuse to let Daddy put you to bed!

- You say," Mommy Watch me!" 200 times a day

- You are still a little picky when it comes to food. However, I have discovered that your just not that into food. It is a necessity... that takes up playing time!

- You love trains, the garbage man, tractors and anything that makes loud noises.

- You drink whole milk and drink from a sippy cup or a regular cup.

- You LOVE the pool and everything that is water

- You remind me often that I cannot fix something, Daddy does. You think daddy's work, golf, fix things, tickle you and watch sports all day. While Mommy's snuggle you, make food and put you to bed. Interesting... Daddy's duties sound WAY more fun!

- You trust everyone and will hug and kiss anyone goodbye

- When we show up to a park or play place you ask if there will be "fwends," there.

- My favorite phrase," Mommy, what does that sound makes?"

- You love puppies and cats, too bad you'll probably never have one!

- You are SUPER excited about preschool and cry when I tell you that it is closed for a few more weeks.

- You are NOT into potty training.

- You have no interest in dressing yourself, but want to pick out your outfit.

- You will choose rain boots any day...

- Your best friends are: Your cousins, Alex and Drew

- You call bandages stickers

- You LOVE the ice cream man, who doesn't?

- You thought Mommy's new car was "spooky," because it was black.

- You nap almost everyday for at least two hours and are usually asleep by 7:30PM, up by 7:30AM.

- You have just started having nightmares... not fun for Mommy.

- You also have started to ease drop on conversations. Especially if they are about YOU.

- You will always smile for a photograph

- Every night we say our prayers together and I tell you, you are sweet, smart and strong!

- Your favorite books right now are Go, Dog, Go and Are you my mother?

- You know your letters, colors and shapes and can count to 10, maybe a little more

- You can read about 15-20 words from the baby can read program

- You LOVE the cartoons-Diego, Caillou, Backyardigans and Curious George

- Your favorite toy is still a ball, but you also love playing pretend

- You love sports and often look for people playing sports in the car. "Mommy where did the golfers go?"

- You are soo funny and my favorite kind of funny, unintentional... you just have a funny personality.


- I could go on... I think you are perfect in every way and you are the light of my life and I love being your Mommy

No comments: