Jake had his final concert in kindergarten this past week. He was pumped as usual and could barely stay still on stage. He even fell off once! Luckily, no one really noticed and he was fine. He has always been a ball of energy and passion. Everything he does, he does it with enthusiasm. Of all the words his teachers in the past have used to describe him, enthusiastic has come up most often. I love his little spirit! I hope he never loses enthusiam for life. The boy certainly lives it up!
The show was awesome as usual and Jon and I always get a kick out of seeing him up there. I've gotta say though, I got so emotional during the show this time. I can't believe he will be in first grade next year? We have had such a wonderful experience at his little private christian school. He has been there since he was three years old. The small class size, intimidate and very caring environment has been perfect for him. It is a little scary to think he will be moving on next year. I know that we are making the right decision for him and our family by sending him to public school next year...we have thought and prayed about it for years! However, I couldn't help but get chocked up thinking about his day of school and the thought that God will not be mentioned once. I just pray that his little heart hears His whisper throughout the day and that Jake has the courage and strength to listen to it. This thought is one I never imagined having. I was a public school teacher myself and thought very highly of it and still do. Having my boys has changed my perspective on many things. One being their faith and the exposure to the world. I am cautious of what they are exposed to at this age and worry about their little hearts.
As stressful as it has been some days... I will miss our morning rides to school together where we prayed about his day ahead. I have loved seeing him run to his teacher in the morning and then being there to pick him up and chat with his teacher at the end of the day. I guess his school has provided a little more security for both of us and it is time to leave the nest. This makes me weepy, but I'm proud of the boy he has become. As always music gets to me in a profound way. There is one song they sing at the end of each year that I adore. It hits me right in the mama heart and this year I am particularly thankful for the message behind it. Here are the lyrics.
Can't Get Away by Rush of Fools
I am an arrow, I am a rocket
I am a river and nothing can stop it
Cause You are the target and You are the atmosphere
You are the ocean that keeps pulling me, You're pulling me here
And I, can't get away, can't get away
Can't get away, can't get away
I can't get away, can't get away...I keep running into You
I am a beggar, You are the table
I am so helpless, God You are so able
And when I get turned around You change my direction
You're so perfect, I'm so broken, here You come with arms wide open
Chasing after me down every road
You're always waiting there
Even when I close my eyes, I can't help but see
There's no place that I can hide, You're such a part of me
I can't get away cause I keep running into You
I can't get away...
Thank you to the teachers that chose this song, thank you to a school who has provided a solid foundation of faith for our boy and thank you to God who has led us down this path and will continue to help us see the way!
I am an arrow, I am a rocket
I am a river and nothing can stop it
Cause You are the target and You are the atmosphere
You are the ocean that keeps pulling me, You're pulling me here
And I, can't get away, can't get away
Can't get away, can't get away
I can't get away, can't get away...I keep running into You
I am a beggar, You are the table
I am so helpless, God You are so able
And when I get turned around You change my direction
You're so perfect, I'm so broken, here You come with arms wide open
Chasing after me down every road
You're always waiting there
Even when I close my eyes, I can't help but see
There's no place that I can hide, You're such a part of me
I can't get away cause I keep running into You
I can't get away...
Thank you to the teachers that chose this song, thank you to a school who has provided a solid foundation of faith for our boy and thank you to God who has led us down this path and will continue to help us see the way!
I love my biggest boy and I know he will love his great new school and getting on the bus with neighbors who he adores. I also know God is with him even when I can't be. This brings me peace.... at the bus stop this fall I think I may also need a tissue or two!




No comments:
Post a Comment