Sunday, June 14, 2009

What Joy New Life Brings...

This weekend was amazing! I know I use that word a lot, but it doesn't take much to amaze me. My sister and Eko are both parents now to a beautiful little baby boy named Sean Keenan Koroglu. The c0-section was seem less for lake of better words. It was a different experience to witness a planned c-section as opposed to an emergency one. Eko and Nikki strolled in to hospital holding hands and signed in with patience. Every step was explained to them and they seemed very calm. We waited outside the operating room and saw Sean a few minutes after he was born. He is perfect. He got all the Irish genes from what I can tell so far. He has reddish/blond hair, big blue eyes and perfect peachy skin. I love him so much already. I also loved seeing my sis as a mommy. She is a natural. She was never stressed or frazzled and as I changed his wee diaper, she even said to ME," it's okay if he cries Jo." WHAT??? I was freaking out by Jake's cries at the beginning. She will be amazing and she is so excited to begin this new life with Eko. I am constantly "amazed" at how God gives us this full circle in life. We experience trials and then are given these wonderful moments to remind us of what really matters and that God is good. This weekend was also pretty tough on my hear. My mom would have loved it. Every other thought was of her. She should be here waiting here with me.... she should be here kissing Sean... she should be here helping Nikki through the late hours of the night... she should be here. I know she isn't for a reason beyond my understanding and my faith grows more and more each day in that respect, but it backs up on me every once in awhile. I know my sister, brother and I carry her with us in our words and actions and I definitely saw that this weekend. Thank you Lord for that. I know she is already up there with all of us and has already met Sean and that puts my mind as ease. Overall, it was a heartfelt weekend and it could not have been better.
We need to give a HUGE shout out to our family for taking care of Jake. He couldn't have been with us this weekend because the hospital did not allow children who weren't siblings and I wasn't going to be leaving that hospital until visitor hours ended! I was able to stay with Nikki over night to give Eko a break and go to dinner with Jon alone. I was also able to hang with my family and that was great. It was so nice to be a couple again and not have to worry about Jake's well being. However, I missed hiim SOOO much. I love that our family is so willing to care for our son. He is always in good hands and I really appreciate it. Janet took Jake to Jelly Bean Jungle and Rick took him on long walks. Mom Sharp took Jake to the beach and the whole family took him to the Cape May Zoo. He was spoiled and I am sure he LOVED it! Thanks to ALL! We love ya guys.
In his jammies with his Aunt Janet
Being spoiled by a famous Mommel dessert!

At the zoo with Poppel

1 comment:

one wild and precious life said...

yayyy for baby sean! how wonderful for your family - congratulations!!