Monday, June 1, 2009

June Update

First of all I can't believe that it is June already. So crazy. Jon, Jake and I have been enjoying the weather every chance we get. Each day seems to fly by now that we can be outside. Jake and I both love being outdoors. We stay out as much and as long as we can. Recently, we have been exploring more parks and playing in our own yard a lot! I have been enjoying the pool and Jake has been loving our new outdoor toys (donated to us by my amazingly generous neighbor Karen and her children.) Jake is talking more each day. Also, he finally beginning to use some sign language. I have been showing him the same signs for months ans thought maybe it was a waste of effort! Then, all of a sudden he just signed. He can say "all done" in and "more." Both are very helpful with mealtimes. His frustration levels have really gone down lately too. The more I help him communicate, the better he has been! He now says,"help," which sounds more like up when he gets frustrated with a toy. I love it and he likes that I can help him when he needs it. I absolutely love this age. He is such fun! I can sing songs to him and teach him new things. I really get satisfaction out of teaching him. I look forward to teaching Jake the alphabet and how to read. It is amazing to me how fast he can learn and how much he remembers.

Jake brushing my hair

We are also anxiously awating the arrival of my nephew Sean. My sister is ready to go, but her due date is June 10th. We will know more by tomorrow when she has another ultrasound. Our bags are packed and we are excited!!!!

No comments: