Friday, April 12, 2013

Hallway Mini mudroom in the making

If there is one space in my house I despise, it is our coat closet. Coat closet/left over pantry/cleaning supplies/misc. junk. I can't stand it. I re-organize it all the time and it ends up being a mess a week or so later. The dilemma with a center hall colonial is there is no real entryway. I love entryways! We have a mud room (sort of) but it is off the garage and we do not use the garage as an entry. So, I awhile back I found a country style bench on craigs for $30. I spray painted it and it has been working up until the last few months. It was partially broken when we bought it and now it is full blown broken. My hope is to transform my coat closet into a mini mudroom! I also hope to somehow use the bench (most likely taken apart) in the new space. I found a few examples on pinterest, but my hall closet is unique in the sense that the crawl space door is on the left side. So, it will be similar but not as grand as the examples. Now... wish me luck convincing my husband this is a fab idea! 



Embarassing

Pinterest Inspiration Closets



1 comment:

Aunt Abby said...

Those ideas from Pinterest are so cute! I have no doubt yours will be even better. Love u