Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Mini Mudroom Before and Afters

I am not the most patient person when it comes to house projects and new ideas! So, each night this week, I have been working at tranforming my hall coat closet to a pinterest inspired "mini mudroom." I am very happy with the results. I still need more decor and I need my kids to live in it for a weeks to see if we need more hooks etc. However, overall very very happy and it was a quick, cheap change! My favorite kind!

Over Cost Breakdown:
Bench= Refurbished parts of my old bench FREE
Cushion= Pad from Joanne Fabrics ($4.00) and a curtain as fabric on sale at Target ($13)... Total $17.
Hooks- FREE, reused all hooks that exsisted and the three hooks from old bench
Paint- Had left over paint from kitchen remodel so FREE
Grand Total $17, I would say SUCCESS!

Here is the before pic... embarassing...

 
Then... removed door and cheap shelving that exsisted, repainted and dismantled my original country bench that was broken for bench parts... AND... TADA!













Already loving it!

 



2 comments:

Aunt Abby said...

Looks awesome!!

Lindsay said...

jo - this is so cool - love the idea! turned out fabulous