Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Approved and Waiting...

Jon and I have been given the official go ahead to announce that we are approved for adoption!!! After seven months of preparation and appts., I cannot express all of the emotions I have about what the future may hold. I am overjoyed at the thought of bringing a new life into our family through adoption. I have already begun to pray for the birthparent(s) who will give a little life to us. I cannot wait and my heart is aching with excitement. I know it will be an emotional and unforgettable experience because it already has been for me. This weekend I am attending an adoption conference at our church to continue the process of preparation. We will also have another full day conference in November. So, the process is not over... but now we are simply waiting for the phone call... ahhh...

This song was written by a christian musician who was adopted. It is beautiful and every time I hear it, I have to run the bathroom for a dozen tissues. God has really shown me that this is something he wants for our lives and I couldn't be happier!!

2 comments:

melissa said...

congrats jo and jon!

Elisabeth said...

that is so exciting Jo I am really happy for you!! cant wait for Bible study to start so i can see more of you too =)