

So jake has officially begin going to "school." He started at Little Christians preschool this week. The first day was an orientation and I had the opportunity to be in the room with Jake for 15mins. or so. Afterwards, there was an orientation meeting upstairs, while the kids had mini-version of what their day will be like. When it was time for me to leave and go upstairs Jake did something I have never seen him do before. He stood behind my legs and said,"No mommy." I felt awful. I completely didn't expect this reaction from him. he LOVES going to nursery at church and whenever he is dropped off with family or friends he simply says," See ya soon Mommy!" So, this was a new one. The teacher picked him up and brought him to the rug with him crying and told me to go and he would be fine. I was so anxious during the meeting I could barely concentrate. When the meeting was over, I waited in my car in the parking lot to see Jake playing outside with his class. (stalker mom) He seemed like he was having a great time and he looked like such a big boy lining up to go inside. When I went in to get him the teacher said that after a minute or so of me leaving, he stopped crying and LOVED school. He actually said," No Mommy,"again when he saw me because this time he didn't want to leave school! Today was his first day by himself and it went much smoother. I hugged him and kissed him goodbye. Reminded him to obey his teacher and be nice to his friends and he was on his way. "See ya Mommy!" and all. Wow, my little sweet boy in preschool. My heart sank a little when I got back to my car and I realized he was officially a big boy. I was missing my mom at that moment and wishing soo badly that I could share this with her. He just looked so darn cute in that backpack and I know she would have loved to see him and hear all about it!
No comments:
Post a Comment