Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Nap Time is Craft Time

I have been wanting to make a plate collage for some time now. I first saw one in a store, on the wall and thought it was the cutest thing ever. When I was one home to visit my dad, I grabbed a few more of my mom's dishes. Then, Aunt janet gave me two dishes which went with my color scheme and that got me motivated to go ahead and do it! So, esterday Jake and I went antiquing and then to Home Goods (favorite store) and picked up a few more plates to finish it off. So, here are my inspiration pictures and then my end product is the last picture.
The question I am throwing out there is: Should I make mine bigger?
Online Photo- too big for my wall

A little too pink for my house, but I loved the arrangement of different dishes

My mini-masterpiece. Taken with my phone, but you get the idea.

2 comments:

Elisabeth said...

im a really bad one to give my opinion cause im not so good with decorating. if it were me maybe id add a plate or two. but i love it it looks so great!!

What a Wonderful World said...

I'm thinking the same thing.. maybe one on top, one on the bottom?