Thursday, November 18, 2010

Honestly.... Ahhhhh

So... Yesterday we received a phone call from the adoption agency! The birth parents have narrowed down their family profiles to just two families and WE ARE ONE OF THEM!!! We get to meet the birth parents on Monday night in Delaware. I am over the moon with emotions. I feel nervous, excited, joyful, scared... you name it. One minute I feel like I need to run into the attic and start washing baby clothes... the next I feel like I should do nothing and let God just take over. It is a crazy roller coaster. I am very anxious to see what Monday's meeting is like. I know God is greater than all the words I will say, but I am nervous I will say something too much or not say enough... Our adoption case worker informed us that some families bring gifts as well as photo albums or anything that would help them get to know us better. Where do you start?? I was thinking of making the birth mom an ornament with an angel on it and the baby's birth date? A friend told me to bake and bring cookies which I thought was a great ice breaker... not sure about that stuff yet. I also think I may make a mini photo album that they can take with them?? Like a scrapbook page or two... I know all of these details are insignificant and God already has chosen a place for this child... selfishly I want it to be US!!! It is all so exciting to me and I can't believe it is happening so fast. Even if this child doesn't end up as our own, I will always remember these emotions and this experience. I will keep everyone posted. Say some prayers!

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

Good luck Jo! We will be thinking of you and praying. Keep us updated!