Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Just a chance at a miracle

So, Monday morning our adoption profile was officially "activated." Which basically means we entered the matching phase!!!!! Around 1:00 Monday I get an email and the subject is...possible opportunity. I can't begin to explain how I felt. It is the same feeling that I had when I saw the word pregnant with Jake... amazing! The email explained that a little baby boy had been born on 11/6 in Delaware and needed a home. He is in good health and is over 6 lbs. and 18 inches long. He is Caucasian and his mom is 22. I don't know much more than that at this point. We agreed to have our profile shown and now we are just waiting to hear. The agency did not have this girl's information before the birth so there is a slightly different process with this child than with a pregnant mom. t may take a little longer or be more complicated. At this moment he is living with a wonderful Bethany foster family until the mother chooses a family. So, hopefully sooner rather than later... To say that we are excited at this opportunity is an understatement. I am overjoyed and overwhelmed. I have not been able to focus since I receive the email. It is hard because I know we are likely to be disappointed and I am not counting on receiving this child. I am trying to protect my heart as much as possible, but it is not in my nature to not think about it and start planning... Jon is the pinnacle of strength as usual. Thank God for that! I will keep everyone up to date as I know more details. The agency said that if we are picked, we would be living in Delaware for at least a week and might have him in a few days!!!! Say some prayers!!!

2 comments:

Lisa said...

I will definitely say some prayers for you guys. I know everything will work out for you.

Terri said...

Prayed for you this morning!!