Tuesday, November 23, 2010
Phew... sigh of relief
Last night we met the birthparents of the little boy we have been praying and hoping for. My phone has not stopped ringing today so I thought I would let everyone know a little about how it went. As I am sure I have said before we have been chosen along with another couple as the people they are considering. We found out yesterday that we were being interviewed second and that we would be waiting in a conference room until they other couple finished. This way it would not be ackward for anyone involved. I am thankful that are agency is so thoughtful about every little detail. As I waited there I had a continued flood of anxiety and excitement. I felt physically ill many times throughout the day and worried that I would just be an emotional wreck. I prayed for peace and a sense of calm throughout the meeting. We were called up and I cannot tell you the feelings I had as we walked up those steps... After introductions... and the first minute or so I felt it. Peace. I was relaxed and excited to talk about our lives and to get to know these brave and special people. It was amazing. The meeting (we don't think) could have gone any better. We learned a lot about them and really like each of them very much. It felt very natural talking to them and comfortable. We laughed many times and shared our hearts completely. Afterwards, we were so relieved and felt hopeful. Jon and I both agree that we can picture these people in our lives. At the same time, we have no idea how the other couple felt. Maybe they felt the same way? I know that if we are not chosen, this baby is just not a part of our story... I believe that completely. However, I also feel really good that we didn't hold back. We were honest, emotional and as real as we could be. At this point... it is back to waiting... the worst part for me!! Our case worker seems to think they will be making a decision "quickly." Although, this is not something you rush... so who knows? Keep the prayers and good thoughts comin'!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Joanne, I can't tell you how many times I thought of you today, wondering how things went. It's amazing how we haven't even met each other, yet I felt this need to be praying for you guys yesterday! I'm so thankful you gave us an update!! I'll continue to pray!!
Post a Comment