Thursday, June 14, 2012

Just Plain ol' Fun

Three years or so... I was outside gardening and a neighbor walked by with her son in a stroller. We chatted for a little and quickly realized that our boys were close in age. I said,"we should get together" all casual, cool and calm... while inside I was thinking, "YES... let's have a play date... like TODAY!" Anyway, I didn't get her number, but I remembered her name was Heather and she lived at 305. My house was 205 so that was easy to remember. After hoping she would walk by again for a few weeks... I just decided to walk up to her door. She answered, we chatted and set up a play date for the following day... the rest is history. Heather has become much more than a neighbor to me and I'm thankful to have her in my life. Her children Alex and Cara are definitely Jake's best buddies. Today, we took the kids to a park called Smith House in PA. I've been there a few times, but this was their first. All the kids had a blast and it was a wonderful day!






No comments: