Thursday, June 14, 2012

Perfect Day

There is no way to explain the relationship we have with Will's birthmother. I believe that everything I 've been given comes from God. However, sometimes certain experiences or relationships make it more obvious to me. Jon and I never questioned whether we would adopt... it was more when. Although when it came to the topic of the relationship with birthparents, we were ignorant and unsure. God showed us what our hearts were capable of and we never looked back. Open adoption became a part of our lives and it changed us forever. I'm not saying it is for everyone or that it is the right path for every adoption, but it was our path. We wouldn't have it any other way. She brought us our son. How do you put that to words? How do you explain how that feels? You can't... I can't... I love her. I care for her. I think of her often. I love Will. I know he was meant to be in our family. I know he belongs to God, as all our boys do and we are lucky to be their parents. I just feel lucky. I feel comfortable and secure.
Last weekend we got together with her and it was wonderful. She has an amazing ability to make everything natural and comfortable. She is easy going and fun to be with. We enjoyed our time together and I look forward to out next get together! Thanks you God for this experience and for everything you have allowed us to experience.





1 comment:

southjerseymom said...

You have such an amazing story...what a blessing you are as a family!!!