Summer is here... YAY! I love summer for all the outside fun that it brings! I'm not so into the humidity or crazy heat, but enough with that. We have been trying to stay outside as much as possible. Considering our house is staged and it feels like a lonely hotel... it makes it easy to want to be outside. Can't wait until this process is over. Jon and I have a deadline and if the house doesn't sell by then... We stay. Either way, we know God is in control and we are fine with it. I can pretty much talk myself into either house at this point and see the pros and cons to both directions. All I know for sure is that having showings when you have three little boys, is not so fun. I miss my house the way it was. The cozy, personal home. The place where our pictures hung on the wall and the toys were sprawled accross the playroom floor. Soon enough...
Onto the boys... they have been up to the usual antics. Having fun in the sprinklers, running around the house, pretending they are superheros, playing catch with anything and everyt
hing and of course swimming in the pool. We have also been loving the pool. Jake needed a day to re-acclimate with the water, but now he is back to his old self. Running off the diving board yelling," cowabunga!" And Will just can't get enough of it. I was sure he would be more cautious, but I have two little water babies. I love the water myself so I don't mind. Although, managing three out by the pool is definetely hard. I'm thankful for lifevests and my pool fence! Poor Kevin is usually put into some contraption so he can't escape (now that is he solider crawling!!), Will and Jake are in their lifevests at all times. Poor Will falls over sometimes from being top heavy when it is on. Couldn't be cuter. They want to play pool basketball, pool bowling or water guns the whole time. I'm often the, "ball girl," or," coach." Seems like I better get used to being a "sports girl," Argh... I'd much rather be playing house or teacher, but they will never know it. I just want to have fun with them. So, I guess catch and freeze tag it is!
![]() |
| Watching Jake Bake with Mommy |
![]() |
| Baking a cake for our friend Mike's b-day |
The last fews month or so has really brought out the," brothers," in my boys. I see windows of light where they are all smiling and laughing with each other. I see Jake truly wanting them to be around and thinking of them when they are not there. I see Will saying," Jay(Jake) where rrr oouuu?" And I see Kevin... soldier crawling as fast as he can to get to wherever they are. I just love it. Sure, they bug each other the very next second... but that is okay with me. They are comfortable with each other and I know they love each other. I tell them every day that brothers are a gift from God and should be treated that way. (a wise Mommy gave me that one) I also tell them they should act like best friends. Other friends will come and go, but brothers stay. When this house stuff is over... I want to have the phrase," Brothers who play together, stay together" put up in my playroom. I want nothing more than my boys to love and protect each other. Mama loves you boys!



No comments:
Post a Comment